Well. I kind of almost forgot that I haven’t smoked weed in 38 days!!!! That is monumental for me! Longest I have ever gone in 12 years. I am damn proud. I rarely even think about it anymore, I have been busy working on my sobriety from alcohol now.
Last time I quit drinking, I was still smoking pot basically the whole time (with 1 three week break). So I think I still had a lot of the social anxiety and mood swings from the pot all the time. This time I am completely 100% clean, no pills, no medication, no booze, no weed. I feel great.
Yesterday, I was a bit moody and tired and had the thought smoking weed would be nice, but it was fleeting, and I took a bath and went to bed. It was never even a question of whether I would, it just crossed my mind for a minute. I LOVE the teetotal lifestyle. I am beginning to love myself. I started up a sober Instagram account called @liveyourbestlifexo as well, and I am focusing on all the positives of being completely sober, and there are MANY. I refuse to give into societies thinking that drinking and smoking is cool, it isn’t. Taking care of yourself is cool!
I do notice being around certain people who make me uncomfortable makes me want to drink. I’m going to have to work on that!
Positives of being off weed so far:
- No more anxiety
- No more depression
- Smoother mood transitions
- No more dissonance between who I want to be and who I am
- No feeling guilty that I am still smoking
- Can drive around and not freak out
- The in laws come over lots- not worrying about it smelling like weed
- I need ALOT less sleep
- I am interested in yoga, meditation again
- I am reading every night again
- I am not as shy and my social anxiety has gone down
- My eyes are now white and I look well rested
- I don’t have the bottomless pit munchies
- I am regaining my self respect
- I am saving $450 per month
- Spending more time doing face masks, massages, self care
- I care about my appearance a lot more
- I love dreaming again- and can remember them!
- I am quite talkative now, my fiancé is like is this who you’ve always been?
- I want to have deeper conversations
- and many more.
pretty damn pumped.