Yipeee!! I have reached 50 days sober! I have never been here before!
I didn’t think I would ever be able to say that, or to feel good about saying that. I have come such a long way since my last vacation to Phoenix and my last binge fest. It is amazing what can change when we finally say enough is enough.
My life has grown in heaps and bounds in just 50 short days so I would like to share with you 50 reasons (so far) I LOVE being sober!
- My confidence is through the roof- I feel like I can take on any challenge now
- I am much more in tune with my wants/needs and not others wants/needs for me
- I can say NO, and not be afraid what people will think
- I am no longer a people pleaser or care what anyone thinks of my decisions
- I am PROUD I was an alcoholic, not ashamed of my story- I can feel it is going to be the base for everything I do in life- I want to help other people struggling.
- I am no longer sick with a hangover 2 or 3 times a week
- I’ve lost weight and all my bloat is gone
- My mind is much clearer and sharper, no more fog.
- I feel generally happy and excited for life and my future
- I take MUCH better care of myself – deep conditioning my hair twice a week, dry body brushing, yoga and working out at-least 5 times a week, I eat only healthy whole foods (after the first 2 weeks of sugar binge), I drink tons of water and herbal teas, I meditate, I take baths, I read blogs and books and motivational tapes.
- I am HYDRATED- for perhaps the first time in 10 years. I can feel it in my skin, hair and nails.
- I am a much nicer person. I was selfish as an addict and only thought of me. Now I love to go out and help/serve other people when they are down, or go to events I NEVER would have gone to before because drinking wasn’t involved.
- I am making so many new friends, and ditching the old ones. I am finding throughout this journey, I don’t have much in common with my old friends at all. Even though I have been friends with them for 20 years. Most of them are: bitchy, negative, snobby, and whine about their problems instead of fixing them. I can’t stand being around them any longer.
- My relationship with G is healthy and mature now. No more drama or stupid arguments.
- I have taken up new hobbies such as gardening and blogging 🙂
- I have soooo much natural energy now- I don’t even drink caffeine anymore!
- I can no longer let areas of my life that need improvement go unnoticed
- I LISTEN to my body. I eat when hungry, sleep when tired, and I know if something is off just from sitting still for a couple minutes.
- I have a consistent yoga practice
- My mom is no longer staying up at night worrying about me and having to deal with the merry go round of my anxiety, depression and bad binge weekends.
- I am completely OFF MY ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION MEDS!!!!!
- Weekends are now my time to relax, hang out with nature, and get ready for the week ahead.
- I LOVE waking up Saturday and Sunday mornings to read and drink tea
- I am no longer drinking and driving
- I choose who I hang around with now- if people give me bad vibes, or make me feel negative, I steer clear.
- I am saving tons of money – on my ticker it says $580.00 – yikes!!
- I am the only person in my family who does not drink- and I am going to be a good role model
- G is also noticing my changes, and has taken on a lot of his own
- Other people are saying how good I look and how I am glowing
- I have had people reach out to me on social media and say they love my page and have so many of the same likes and interests
- I haven’t fallen down or hurt myself in 50 days- not once- coincidence I think not!
- My house stays clean mostly all the time
- I LOVE myself, for the first time ever.
- I don’t have any shame, embarrassment, guilt, anxiety that I had for so many years.
- My life is no longer a merry go round. It is calm, and clean and orderly and peaceful and I love it.
This is just from 50 days sober, I can’t wait to see all the new changes at day 100!
What do you guys love about being sober?